Did you know that there are different exams that can certify your competence in English at international level?
In examenlish.com you’ll find a collection with the sort of exams that will endorse your English level and thus help you continue with your studies, improve your CV, and get a new job …
I would say that the interface of the web site is not wonderful; however this web page contains interesting information about these exams.
What we most like about this online resource are the free tests that are offered for each of the exams. These tests give us an idea about what we can expect when doing such assessments. The web page also allows us to gauge our English level and calculates the equivalent of the official exam that we would have passed.
Let’s have a look at these exams and their official web sites:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is the International English Language Testing System. It measures ability to communicate in English across all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking – for people who intend to study or work where English is the language of communication.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). The TOEFL® test is the most widely accepted English-language test in the world. No matter where you want to study, the TOEFL test can help get you there.
- TOEIC(Test of English for International Communication). The global standard for measuring English language skills for business.
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English). CPE is Cambridge ESOL's (English for speakers of other languages) most advanced exam. It is aimed at people who use English for professional or study purposes.
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English). CAE is an exam for advanced users of English. This exam is aimed at people who can use written and spoken English for most professional and social purposes. It is widely recognised for work or study purposes.
- FCE (First Certificate in English). FCE is an exam for people who can use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level. It is an ideal exam for people who want to use English for work or study purposes.
- PET (Preliminary English Test). PET is an exam for people who can use everyday written and spoken English at an intermediate level. It covers all four language skills — reading, writing, listening and speaking. Preparing for the exam is a popular way to develop and improve your language skills because it provides practical language practice in a variety of everyday work, study and leisure situations.
- KET (Key English Test). KET is Cambridge ESOL's exam which recognises the ability to deal with everyday written and spoken English at a basic level.
- BULATS (Business Language Testing Service). The Business Language Testing Service (BULATS) is a language assessment service specifically for the use of companies and organisations. BULATS is for organisations which need a reliable way of assessing the language ability of groups of employees or trainees.
- ECCE (The Examination for the Certificate of Competency in English). The Examination for the Certificate of Competency in English (ECCE) is a high-intermediate level general EFL exam. The ECCE emphasizes communicative use of English rather than a formalistic knowledge of English, and it is aimed at students who are able to function and perform communicative transactions in all four skill areas of the language (speaking, listening, reading, writing).
- ECPE (The Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English). The ECPE is a test of advanced English language proficiency, reflecting skills and content typically used in university or professional contexts. The ECPE assesses linguistic, discoursal, sociolinguistic, and pragmatic elements of the English language. Receptive and productive skills (reading, listening, speaking, writing) are evaluated through a combination of integrated and discrete tasks.
- LTE (London Tests of English). London Tests of English are designed to reward positive achievement in English language learning. These examinations - aimed at adolescents and adults - are offered at six levels to enable candidates to enter at a stage that suits them and rise through the series as their English language skills improve.
You have read this article Exams with the title Examenglish.com - Free Practice Test for Official Exams. You can bookmark this page URL http://apostolosmakrides.blogspot.com/2008/08/examenglishcom-free-practice-test-for.html. Thanks!