Now, before your mind is filled with thoughts of how to prepare for TOEFL, you need to understand what the test is all about.
Understanding TOEFL test
TOEFL stand as an abbreviation for Test of English as a Foreign Language. Designed to test the English language skills of a candidate aiming for an admission at an abroad university, this test usually judges one’s writing, listening, reading, and speaking ability of English. The test is generally conducted over four and half hours time with a 10-minute break in between. The Internet based test, which is the latest version, is ranked on a scale of 0 to 120 points with each section divided into 30 points. Well, when it comes to qualification marks, the criteria set may differ with universities with the general graduating score being ranked at 82.6.
Preparing for the TOEFL
TOEFL, as a test is feared by almost all individuals aiming an admission through the foreign university. However, you need to keep in mind that the test though is challenging is not unbeatable. Effort and practice on your part can help you obtain the score. Here is a quick look at some of the tips that would help you prepare for TOEFL:
- Approach the test with a preset plan.
- Always prepare well as there is no place for underprepared individuals.
- Prepare for the individual sections differently.
- Listen to the Native American speakers via American radio, CNN and other likes.
- Practice grammar exercises regularly to enhance your command over grammar.
- Read as much as you can to sharpen your vocabulary skills.
- Practice speaking in English with your friends to increase your speaking power.
- Learn 5 to 10 words everyday and practice writing and speaking ability with those words.
Fight your fear and learn the language at its best to secure an admission at a foreign university.
You have read this article Exams with the title Are you studying for TOEFL?. You can bookmark this page URL http://apostolosmakrides.blogspot.com/2011/10/are-you-studying-for-toefl.html. Thanks!