General Training - Model Answer (Task 1)

Write a letter to a friend about a museum that you have visited. You should say: 
  • where you went
  • what you saw there
  • how you felt about it
 Dear Parveen,
I hope all is well with you and your family. I’m still on holiday in China and I wanted to tell you about the wonderful museum I visited yesterday in Shanghai.
The Shanghai Museum is in the city centre and the building looks like a cooking pot. It has four floors and each one has a different exhibition. Even though it was so crowded I still managed to see all the exhibits using an English audio guide. The collection included bronze sculptures, ceramics, calligraphy, seals, coins and artefacts of ethnic Chinese minorities.
I found the museum extremely interesting especially the display on ceramics and how they were made and the clothes worn by the minorities which were shown on the fourth floor. I even bought a book for you at the souvenir shop on Chinese art and culture which I will give you when we meet.
See you soon.
Regards,
Anumita
Question taken from Step Up to IELTS p.47
You have read this article with the title General Training - Model Answer (Task 1). You can bookmark this page URL http://apostolosmakrides.blogspot.com/2012/08/general-training-model-answer-task-1.html. Thanks!

No comment for "General Training - Model Answer (Task 1)"

Post a Comment