Phrasal verbs with 'hang'

Hang around somewhere = to spend time somewhere without doing a lot e.g. I use to hang around that park when I was a child.


Hang out somewhere/with someone = to spend time e.g. I hang out with my friends a lot.

Hang around together / with someone = spend time together e.g. We used to hang around together when we were younger.

Hang around = slow to do something e.g. If you hang around too long, you will miss the last bus.

Hang in there/ hang on = to continue doing something despite difficulties e.g. Hang in there! I know you can do it.

Hang on = wait for a short time e.g. Hang on. I’ll go put my shoes on now.

Hang on = to hold something/someone tightly e.g. Hang on to your belongings, there are many thieves in this area.

Hang on! = a confused/surprised expression e.g. Hang on! Didn’t you tell me that you left the company?

Hang on to something = to keep e.g. You should hang on to that flat. Its value will go up.

Hang something out = to dry e.g. I always hang my washing out to dry.

Hang over something = to be worried e.g. Gurbinder lost his job and I have that hanging over my head.

Hang up = to suddenly end a telephone conversation e.g. He made me angry and I hung up without saying goodbye.

Hang up = to be delayed e.g. We were hung up in traffic because of an accident.
You have read this article with the title Phrasal verbs with 'hang'. You can bookmark this page URL http://apostolosmakrides.blogspot.com/2012/09/phrasal-verbs-with_1.html. Thanks!

14 comment for "Phrasal verbs with 'hang'"


  1. Get Cheap Web Design & Hosting Service |Best Web Design Packages

    LiveMNC is one of the best web design and hosting service provider company in India. We provide quality web hosting service for window and Linux platform.

    We Craft Stunning Websites, App and Digital Marketing.

    cheap web hosting services in India
    Best App Development and Digital Marketing services in India

    Call: + 91-9461234545 |(Multi-channel)(LiveMNC.com)

    ReplyDelete