Academic Vocabulary in Use is a practice and reference Book for anyone using, or planning to use, English for their academic work. Ideal for students of any discipline, from engineers or social scientists to business students or lawyers, it covers the key vocabulary they will come across in academic textbooks, articles, lectures and seminars. Authors: Michael McCarthy and Felicity O'Dell.
Level: Designed for students at good intermediate level and above (2.g/3.g of the gymnasium).
- 50 Units: such as: Systems compared: the US and the UK; Sources; Talking about ideas; Organizing your writing; Reporting what others say.
- Presents new words and expressions in real-life academic contexts including extracts from lectures, presentations, essays, tables and graphs.
- Includes an extra Reading and vocabulary section with longer texts to give you more practice of key vocabulary.
- Comprehensive Answer Key and an Index with phonetic transcription of key words.
- Handy Reference section with notes on formal and informal usage, British, Irish and North American vocabulary differences and spelling variations.
You have read this article Academic Vocabulary In Use with the title Academic Vocabulary In Use. You can bookmark this page URL http://apostolosmakrides.blogspot.com/2010/06/academic-vocabulary-in-use.html. Thanks!