General Training Model Answer - IELTS (Task 1)

Your next-door neighbour likes to listen to music late at night. Because of the loud music, you often lose sleep. Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter


Describe the situation
Explain the problem it is causing you
Offer at least one solution


Dear Dan,



We’ve been neighbours for a number of years now and in order to maintain the good relationship we have and to avoid future misunderstanding, I wanted to let you know that the loud music you have been playing at night is affecting my sleep.


As you are aware I need to be up at 5am daily, so I should be in bed early too. As I’m kept up late due to your loud music I’m not getting enough sleep. My manager has commented that my performance at work is not up to scratch and my mood swings are not seen favourably by my colleagues. I have also begun to get addicted to caffeine to stay awake during the day.


I would appreciate it if you could listen to music using headphones. That way, you can enjoy your music while I rest. Alternatively you might lower the volume. I wouldn’t want to deprive you of your passion, so if you must listen to loud music, the weekend would be an ideal time to do so as I’m away then.


Regards,
Mark
Question taken from Barron’s IELTS Practice Exams p.279

You have read this article with the title General Training Model Answer - IELTS (Task 1). You can bookmark this page URL https://apostolosmakrides.blogspot.com/2012/04/general-training-model-answer-ielts_3334.html. Thanks!

1 comment for "General Training Model Answer - IELTS (Task 1)"